Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Family Camp July 2016

The three of us went to family camp at the Montecito in Sequoia this July.  We stayed in a cabin.  Violet was with a group of kids her age every day and they did various camp activities.  I didn't realize that the adults got to do their own camp activities.  I felt like I was a kid at camp again.  Eric and I spend a bunch of time in the art studio making tie dye and candles.  Eric also had fun getting back into archery.




The talent show:



The most popular activity by far was "fishing" which involved catching fish off the doc with nets.  The fish seemed pretty used to it.

Add caption

Add caption
Releasing the fish.

My artwork
 Violet had fun dressing up for the "decades" dance.







Eric and I went on a tour through a cave with the coolest front gate.


Gate of the cave







Violet was worried for me and made me bring her LED light.
 We took a hike to a place Eric used to go sliding and swimming to the run off.  The rocks were slippery enough to use them as water slides but only Eric was brave enough for the freezing water.  I also slipped hard on the rocks and had an injured tailbone for weeks.






Seven story treehouse at Bravo Farms on the way back.  Violet is rocking her tie dye camp shirt Eric made for her.




We are already planning on going next year again.

No comments:

Post a Comment